Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pulse Check

Ready For Fall! 18lbs, 6 inches and 1 dress size down.

So I kind of thought I would try to do a weekly update/weigh in/pulse check type post instead of always just talking about food (even though I really love food...)

Today is my weigh-in day. Not really sure why I chose Thursdays, but that's what day it is. Kind of odd. But anyhoo.... The scale was my friend today! I am down another 2lbs this week, which puts me at a total of 18lbs down. I also did measurements today and I am down a total of 6 inches! I knew I would be down inches because I could tell in my clothing. So exciting!

This is really the first time I have truly combined eating right and working out together. Always before I mostly focused on my diet, with maybe a little exercise thrown in there to say I did it. I kind of came to the realization though that it is a dual effort. You really have to eat less and move more. It isn't a new concept, but it is a new realization to me. I think I have been able to consistently lose 2lbs a week because when I work out like I do if I am not perfect with my eating, the exercise makes up for it and creates steady weight-loss. I don't workout every day. Some days I go for only 30mins, some days I do an hour and a half. I am just learning to make it work for my lifestyle and to create a lasting habit.

I am excited about my progress. I am happy to share it with the Hubbs and with all of you (the 3 people that read this thing).

Stay happy & healthy,

No comments:

Post a Comment