Thursday, September 12, 2013

Sweet 16



So just an update on my progress.

Since July 24th (when I started really counting my calories & gymin' it up) I've lost 16lbs. That's averaging a little over 2lbs a week.

This is pretty big for me considering I had my birthday smack dab in the middle, a wine party, traveling for work, and plenty of stress to boot. So I am super happy with my results so far.

Things that I am doing to prepare myself for success:
-Prepping meals ahead.
-Keeping track of my calories with the My Fitness Pal App (Even on my birthday, when I had the most fabulous dinner & drinks out with my family, I still recorded everything)
-Making a promise to myself to workout and keeping it.
-Eating clean
-Finding the fun in it. For me, that's creating new interesting recipes for dinner.
-Keeping my music selection new and fun for working out
-Downloading TV shows that I never have time to watch for long cardio sessions at the gym. (I'm currently hooked on Scandal!)

We follow these simple rules for working out:
-Never miss a Monday
-Never go more than 3 days without working out

That is really it. I wish it was something special or amazing, its just old fashioned work. But when I plan ahead, it is really so easy to follow.





No comments:

Post a Comment