Friday, August 16, 2013

Dine & Dash


Anyone that knows me knows that my life is anything but slow and boring. The hubbs and I both work a lot of hours every week, fit in the gym, and a very active social life. So sometimes we are eating as we are running out the door...literally. This is my favorite quick and easy clean meal. It takes less than 5 minutes to throw together (unless you are my husband, then it takes you at least 30) it is filling and really tasty.

I used to rely on Chipotle when I had a Mexi craving, as I know their ingredients are real, and I love their philosophy. However, at $8 bucks the cost is just to high for a daily meal and at over 600 calories a pop, its just too much!

 The real key is making sure you have the ingredients ready on hand. I always have brown rice pre-cooked and ready to go in the fridge. I also always have a protein at the ready. These days it is usually pre-grilled chicken breasts, but some days it is tofu or albacore tuna. I also buy a pre-made, quality salsa from our health food store's deli. I could of course make it from scratch, but this is my time saving meal!

Super Quick, Super Easy Rice Bowl

-1/2 c. Pre-Cooked Brown Rice (check out my previous blog post on how to make *perfect* brown rice)
-4 oz Cooked chicken
-2oz Salsa
-1/2 of an avocado

-Measure ingredients out (yes, I weigh and measure EVERYTHING) and layer in a bowl.

-Top with anything additional you would like: black beans, Mrs. Dash (I super love their Fiesta Lime & Chipotle blends), fresh squeezed lime juice, fresh cilantro etc.

Makes 1 serving

Nutrition facts per serving:
Total Fat: 17g Calories:  353g Carbs: 36g Protein: 30g



No comments:

Post a Comment