Sunday, August 11, 2013

Fit Jacks, Not Flap Jacks...



It seems any clean eating blog, magazine, athlete, body builder isn't complete without a protein pancake recipe. I was pretty skeptical about this protein pancake phenomenon as I am a true carb addict, and "protein pancake" just doesn't sound all that appetizing. But, I gave it a shot and let me tell you, they were actually really good! I only had chocolate protein powder at the ready so I decided to make Chocolate-Almond Protein Pancakes. These bad boys are completely filling and contain a whopping 51 grams of protein!

I can't wait to try these again with vanilla protein powder!

Chocolate-Almond Protein Pancakes

-4 egg whites
-1/3c. dry oatmeal
-1 scoop chocolate protein powder
-1 TBS almond butter
-Strawberries, cleaned & sliced
-Stevia

-Mix egg whites, oatmeal, protein powder & almond butter together in a bowl.

-Place your strawberries into a separate bowl and sprinkle with stevia. Slightly mash them to create juice, then set aside.

-Put your skillet on medium heat, spray with cooking spray then pour in your batter and cook like you would normally cook a pancake.

-Pancake is done when it is golden brown

-Top the pancake with the strawberries for a delicious guilt free syrup.

Makes 1 pancake

Nutrition Facts:
Total Fat: 12g Calories: 470 Carbs: 45g Protein: 51g

 


No comments:

Post a Comment