Monday, August 19, 2013

Is it possible? Can I actually like working out?!?!

I'm still in the dying phase...

It is crazy how you can adjust to any routine when it becomes, well,  a routine. When I first started getting up at 5am to workout it was awful. I was cranky, I was getting headaches, I just had the hardest time getting moving. That was the end of July. It is now August 19th and I nearly spring out of bed when the alarm goes off (after that little thought of how nice it would be to sleep for another hour or so...hey! I'm not perfect. I still love my sleep!). I have a much more productive workout and generally feel really good. Today I increased the resistance by 2 and was able to power through without that "ugh! I want to stop!" feeling.

I have often heard fitness gurus or people who have lost a lot of weight before saying that you'll learn to love it. I seriously don't know about that (I still think they might be eating some low-cal pot brownies) but I am starting to believe a little bit more that I could actually *like* working out (love is too strong of a word to even contemplate when it comes to working out).

So, I guess the challenge begins. Workout until I learn to love it.
Something tells me this is going to be a loooooong challenge. But the end result is worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment