Tuesday, August 20, 2013

My (not so) typical day....


I think there is a misconception that you have to have a surplus of time to eat healthy and exercise. I used to think that too, but I can assure you I don't have a surplus of time. I wish I did! It truly is about finding a balance, creating a system and making the deal with yourself that you are worth it. I have struggled with this for years. I am dedicated to my job, I am dedicated to my husband, I have an active social life and I never want to miss a happy hour! I always had this guilt of leaving my husband to fend for himself while I go and work out, or "forcing" him to eat healthy. Realistically though, I am a better wife to him when I take care of myself (and homeboy can handle eating healthy too.)

This is a very typical Monday-Friday day for me.

4:55am - Wakeup

5:15am - Off to the Gym

6:00am - Home from gym start breakfast & pack lunches/snacks

6:30am - Hubbs & I eat breakfast together
               -Typical breakfast is: Hot oatmeal w/ mini quiche, omelet w/ fresh fruit, overnight oatmeal

7:00am - Send the Hubbs off to work, time for me to get ready for work.

8:30am - Leave for work & Starbucks stop!

9:00am - Welcome to the insane asylum...aka WORK.

10:00am - Snack time. *Maybe, kind of sort of. If I am not too busy to remember. Even though I have alarms set on my phone and fit bit, I often forget this one*
               - Typical snack: Rice cake w/ 1 TBS Peanut Butter, 1/2c. Greek Yogurt w/ 1c. fresh berries,
                 2 TBS hummus w/ cut up veggies.
1:00pm - Lunch.
             - Typical lunch: 4oz chicken, 1/2c. brown rice & Salsa, 2c. salad greens w/ black bean patty,
                Starbucks zesty chicken & black bean salad or salad from Whole Foods
                *aka Whole Paycheck* if I forgot my lunch (which happens more often than I'd like)

4:00pm - Snack *if I have time, if I remember. Sometimes I forget this one too*

7:00pm - Quitting time! Off Work! Woohoo!!!

7:30pm - Home. Time to start dinner OR if we didn't hit the gym in the morning, we go now.

8:00pm - Hubbs & I have dinner together
             - Typical dinner 4oz salmon, brown rice & veggie, tofu stir fry, curry, big salad.

8:30pm- Laundry/Meal Prep/Cleaning/TV Watching/Nails/Hair etc. Basically anything that I need to
               do to be ready for the next day needs to be done between 8:30-10pm.

10:00pm - Late Snack. *Only if I am feeling snacky or if my sweet tooth is nagging. Typically I'll
                 have 1 rice cake with 1 TBS peanut butter and 1 tsp of raw honey.*

11:00pm - Pop a melatonin and lights out.

Hubbs and I work 50-60 hours a week each. I work every other Saturday and even longer hours at the end of the month. Hubbs has soccer 1-2 nights a week, I do girls night usually 1 night a week. We have a very busy life with struggles and challenges, but we are making it work as best as we can. I am tired. I hate 5am. I hate spending 2 hours Sunday prepping meals, but I feel better. I'm happier not eating crap. I am actually getting in MORE time with the hubbs because we workout together and have breakfast together.

 It *can* be done. You *can* be busy and eat well! You *can* be busy and workout!

Make a deal with yourself that you DESERVE to LOOK and FEEL your BEST!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment