Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sweet & Spicy Salmon



I absolutely LOVE the mix of sweet and spicy anything. So when I was dreaming up dinner tonight I knew I wanted to do a sweet & spicy salmon. This is INCREDIBLY easy, its clean eats, and it comes together fast. Oh, yeah, and its freaking delicious!

Side note: I really wanted to grill these, but we ran out of propane right before I was set to cook, so I did them inside. You can do either.

Get prepared for some magically deliciousness.

Sweet & Spicy Salmon

-1/4c. Raw Honey
-1/4c. Siracha
-1 Garlic Clove, minced
-1/2tsp Fresh Ginger, grated
-4 5oz Salmon Filets

-Pre-heat broiler

-In a bowl mix together honey, siracha, garlic and ginger. (This glaze is so spicy, so if you don't like things really hot stick with the 1/4c honey, but lower the siracha down to 2TBS.)

-In a sauté pan over medium heat, place the salmon flesh side down. Sear the salmon for about 3 minutes. Flip over and spoon a little bit of the glaze on top. Continue cooking the salmon skin side down until it is almost completely cooked through, about another 5-7mins.

-Spoon more glaze over the top of the salmon and transfer the pan under the broiler. The glaze will get thick and start to bubble.

-Pull out and serve.

Makes 4 servings

The skinny (per serving)
Total Fat: 12.8g Calories: 311 Carbs: 21.5g Protein: 30g

No comments:

Post a Comment