Thursday, August 15, 2013

Herb-Almond Crusted Salmon


I heart salmon. We eat it a few times a week, so I am always looking for a new take on it. I was dreaming of dinner while at work and knew that I wanted to do an herb crusted salmon, but I didn't want to use bread crumbs as the binder. I decided instead to grind up almonds to use as the binder. The almonds impart a really great texture and subtle nutty flavor. This is going to definitely be one of my favorite go-to salmon recipes!

Herb-Almond Crusted Salmon

2 5-ounce Salmon Filets (I prefer Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon)
30g slivered almonds
1 TBS lemon zest
1 garlic clove
1 green onion
1/4 c. fresh basil
1/4 c. flat leaf parsley
1 tsp. olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon

-In a food processor, pulse almonds until they are coarsely chopped. Add in lemon zest, garlic, basil and parsley. Pulse until all of the ingredients are finely chopped. Stir in the olive oil to create a paste.

-With a paper towel, pat the surface of the salmon dry. Season fillet with salt & pepper. Place 2 heaping teaspoons of the crust on top of the salmon and smooth out to evenly cover the surface.

-Bake at 375 for about 15 minutes, until the salmon is cooked through.

-Just before serving, sprinkle the top of each salmon fillet with fresh lemon juice.

Makes 2 servings

Nutrition facts per serving:
Total Fat: 25.7g Total Calories: 414 Carbs: 5.4g Protein 33.9g
 

No comments:

Post a Comment